[Moin-user] Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 and the "underlay" directory

Mon Dec 13 08:07:01 EST 2004

Paul Moore wrote on Monday, December 13, 2004 2:35 PM CEST:

> There's one issue I do have with the upgrade, though. In 1.2, the
> supplied help pages were part of the instance data, whereas in 1.3
> they have been moved to the "underlay" directory. I never made any
> changes to the supplied help files in my 1.2 instance, so I would like
> to remove them - both to get rid of the maintenance burden, and to get
> the new 1.3 versions automatically.

There are unofficial scripts for this.

> As far as I can see, the migration process doesn't do anything about
> this.

It just includes the advise to delete the pages. ;-)

> What do I have to do to locate and remove the pages from my
> existing Wiki which are now served from the underlay directory?

The page structure is quite simple. You need to delete the subdirectories of
mywiki/data/pages which are obviously pages that were not created by your users.
Or you may use scripts. This page talks about them. But they are unofficial.
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/AutomateUnderlaying

Kind regards,
Alexander Schremmer