{solved} Re: [Moin-user] Moin stopped working when moving OS

Anguo linux-tw at masquilier.org
Tue Apr 27 18:57:06 EDT 2004

Hallo Thomas!

On Tuesday 27 Apr 2004 11:41 pm, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

> >>You either have permission problems or it doesn't find
> >>your data directory (maybe try an absolute path instead
> >> a relative one in moin_config.py). Maybe also check if
> >> your apache still uses the same userid and if the
> >> files and directory have rights allowing it to write.
> >
> >Thank you Thomas for replying.
> >
> >I checked the permission extensively but couldn't find
> >anything amiss.
>
> Strange, the error msg above is quite clear. ;)

It was not so clear to me: I am not familiar with the inner
working of moin:

What pickles? I don't have pickles in my moinmoin!
This error message was supposed to tell me that there is a
permission problem where?

> >I did the following:
> >
> >$ python -c "import MoinMoin"
> >-c:1: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xfc' in
> > file
> > /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/__init__.py
> > on line 5, but no encoding declared; see
> >http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
> >

> >The culprit was the german name in __init__.py: I
> > changed it to "Juergen" and now everything works again.
>
> I doubt that this was the source of your problem. You can
> have tons of those warnings and it will run ok
> nevertheless.

Maybe not, but as far as I know, it's only when I did this
minor change that it started working again...

> BTW, which version do you run? The current one (1.2.1)
> shouldn't have those warnings...

moin-apache2-1.1-0.cvs20030824.3mdk
moin-1.1-0.cvs20030824.3mdk

Gruess Gott!

der liebe Augustin.

--
www.masquilier.org
Condorcet, Approval alternative voting.

In order to prevent people from receiving viruses
that would seem to originate from my email,
if you use Microsoft Windows you do not have permission
to add this address to your address book.
If I am in your address book, please remove me.
Of course, this does not apply to GNU/Linux users.
Thank you.