[Moin-user] UserPreferences / Access Control

Oliver Stüker revilo at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Apr 1 06:14:00 EST 2004

It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;-)

The Usernames on the Web-server and in MoinMoin have to be the same.

Off-list I discussed with Thomas:

Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> Oliver Stüker wrote:
>> Does MoinMoin really interact with the Apache users?
>
> The web server tells moin that "TestUser" is already authenticated,
> Moin just believes that and gives out the cookie with the ID.
>
>> Do they have to be the same?
>
> Name has to be the same, password needs not to be the same.
>
>> Is there a way to switch it of (in the config)?
>
> Not yet.

I think that hasn't changed since version 1.1 (I haven't tried 1.2.x).

@Thomas: This Issue should be added to the FAQ and/or Install-Guide

Bye...
...Oliver

--
/"\ Am Anfang war das Wort, und das Wort war Content Type text/plain
\ /

Oliver Stüker