[Moin-user] Responce times of MoinMoin.

François Granger francois.granger at free.fr
Tue Jun 3 01:09:03 EDT 2003

At 17:31 -0400 02/06/2003, in message [Moin-user] Responce times of
MoinMoin., Marijn P. Vriens wrote:

>I've been looking a bit, and the server CPU gets a big hit from a python
>process when a page is loaded.

Currently, it runs as a CGI, this means that the python interpreter
is re loaded each time. This is the "big hit".

>  I'm thinking that the hit is a bit too
>much.. can it be that some .py files of moin are not getting compiled?
>And so how do i get them to compile. Or is there something else I can do
>to speed-up the Wiki access?

As far as I know, the best way to speed it up is to run it as
mod-python. I found instructions to do such for another similar
program, PyBlosxom. See there:

http://roughingit.subtlehints.net/pyblosxom/development/mod_pythonHOWTO.html

I did not tested it yet.

--
Hofstadter's Law :
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into