[Moin-user] moinmoin config issues - couldn't create child process

Ryan Wilcox RWilcox at olenick.com
Mon Feb 10 07:50:07 EST 2003

thanks so much for your help roger, your suggestions @ twistedmatrix worked. it was the moin.cgi mods that i had incorrect, the script alias was fine.

thanks again
ryan

ryan k. wilcox
olenick & associates
phone : 312.214.2577
mobile : 312.404.9148

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Haase [mailto:crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 10:42 PM
To: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Moin-user] moinmoin config issues - couldn't create child process

I wouldn't be confident of the scriptalias being correct because you
can produce a different error message.

I had some problems installing Moin on W/me and documented my
suggestions here near the end:
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/HelpErrata

However, I don't recall having an error message like yours. Is your
failing url:
http://127.0.0.1/mywiki/
or, based on your second test:
http://127.0.0.1/ryanwilcox/

The Apache ScriptAlias statement has two parameters, the first should
be used in the url (as in one of the above), and the second should
point to a file which exists on your filesystem.

If the above doesn't help, give us more info about your http.conf mods,
Apache version, and your Moin directory structure.

Roger Haase