[Moin-user] User Login problems (was MoinMoin 1.1 is out)

Ian Epperson iepperson at axiomdesign.com
Mon Dec 8 14:55:02 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: moin-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:moin-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Allister
MacLeod
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 1:15 PM
To: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Moin-user] User Login problems (was MoinMoin 1.1 is out)

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 11:02:36AM -0800, Ian Epperson wrote:
> > 1.0 didnt support password login.
> Perhaps I'm referring to something else.

Are you sure it was name/passwd?  As far as I know, even though the
UserPreferences of Moin 1.0 presented form fields for those, they had no
effect.  The only actions that were useful were to login using your ID
number, or to put in your email address and have your ID mailed to you.
--
This is what I am (mis)remembering ;-)  This was working with our site
before upgrading.

> > That should set the cookie lifetime to quite some years. Maybe check

> > if that really happens.
> The cookie is there.  It's got the right user ID in it.  I'm not sure
> how to check it's expiration date though.

Its expiration date should be stored by the browser in the same file as
the cookie value.  It may be a human readable date, or it may be a value
indicating a large number of seconds.
--
Not exactly human readable:
  MOIN_ID