[Moin-user] getting started with page layout tweaking - need pointers

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 5 17:59:03 EDT 2003

(I tried to search the list archives but SF says there aren't any.  If the
list is archived somewhere I'd appreciate a pointer.)

I'm using MoinMoin 1.0.  I've had a couple Wikis running for quite awhile,
but never messed with their appearance.  Now I'm getting messy...  I have a
few questions I've been so far unable to find the answer to:

    1. I'm trying to figure out how to use/set the navi_bar variable.
       According to the HelpOnConfiguration page it's a "large HTML
       fragment".  Usage in the source suggests it's simply a list of
       strings, however.  I'd like to link to pages outside the Wiki from
       the navi_bar.  Can I do that somehow?

    2. (Related to #1) I saw one page on the MoinMoin site which suggested
       it was redirected from another page, but I've yet to find any
       indication of how to do redirects.

    3. (Related to #2) In fact, I've yet to find something that approximates
       a cohesive MoinMoin User Guide.

    4. There's a reference in the MoinMoin docs to the OpenLook blog.  It
       would be nice if moin_config.py settings for some such sites was
       available.  For example, I have yet to figure out how to suppress the
       large headline link which is advertised to do a full-text search for
       that WikiWord.  The OpenLook blog doesn't appear to have it.  Is it
       just HTML/CSS magic (background font, small size) or is there
       variable I can set to suppress it (or has the OpenLook MoinMoin code
       been tweaked)?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro