[Moin-user] HTML doesn't validate

Ellen Herzfeld xlii at xlii.org
Wed Apr 30 15:15:09 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am new to MoinMoin and have installed it on a private network. I
like it very much but I do have one problem. I am having trouble
adapting the CSS to my needs because, as far as I can see, the HTMl
generated by MoinMoin is not standards compliant.

First of all the pages don't have a DOCTYPE so they don't validate on
the W3C HTML validator. Using other tools to validate a page as HTML
4.01 transitional shows many errors and warnings. I am used to
working with valid HTML (preferably XHTML, in fact) and am wondering
if this is a know issue and if there are any plans to fix it.

If not, is there any way I can do this myselfÊ?

Thank you.

Ellen