[Moin-user] Moin Access Permissions and User Authentication

Jeff Kunce jeff at corrt.com
Thu Jun 6 11:27:10 EDT 2002

At 11:38 AM 6/5/2002 -0400, Kevin Cole wrote:
 >So, I'm wondering if there's a way to make the Help* files (and any
 >other critical ones) immutable.

For my intranet wikis, I have written some extensions
that allow:
   1) Users to be identified by webserver authentication
(REMOTE_USER) and/or by MoinMoin's standard "cookie" method.
   2) Allows setting of user access permissions (read/edit/delete)
on any wiki page, or on the wiki as a whole.

You can find the code at:
     http://starship.python.net/crew/jjkunce/MoinMoin/

This works well for me (though I give no guarantees). The downside
is that it is  written for MoinMoin 0.11. I'm hoping that Juergen
will adopt something like this eventually.

   --Jeff