[Moin-user] Feature Suggestion

Adam Shand adam at personaltelco.net
Fri Jul 12 13:29:55 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 19:19, David LeBlanc wrote:
> * Integrating this script, or it's functionality, into MoinMoin would be a
> Good Thing.

Some sort of more structured FAQ writing system would be great.  The
main place I've discovered that Wiki's fall down is it gets hard to edit
large pages because the text edit boxes have such limited functionality
(I can't even make Mozilla search in them to find what I want to edit).

The idea I've been playing with is using Include.py to do it.  You make
each FAQ a separate page and then include them all in the actual FAQ
page using the header normaliziation stuff to make it look right.

I suspect that this will work but that it won't be much more manageable
as all the includes will just frustrate and confuse people trying to
actually edit and update the page.

> FAQ Storage:
> Each FAQ Item has a unique numeric identifier, presumably based on the order
> it was added (to the FAQ, or to just the section?). FAQ items, each in their
> own file, are automatically assembled into the page or pages viewed by the
> user. (Doubtful that caching could be of use here, unless it's a high-volume
> FAQ - and then it's going to have expired pages in the cache frequently
> anyway). That faq items are each in their own file is a plus for uses like
> generating custom pages based on a search, displaying single sections etc.

Do it like the SeaPig Blog macro and make each FAQ a separate sub page?

> PS2: While you're at it, how about adding the
> http://www.seapig.org/MainPageMoinMoin blarg plugin into the standard
> distribution? :-)

?? I see no reference to "blarg" anywhere?  What am I missing?

Adam.

--
"Make the invisible visible. Let people see." -- Bruce Sterling