[Moin-user] Help with Macros and entities

Olivier Laurent oli at aragne.com
Thu Aug 8 01:49:02 EDT 2002

On mer, 07 aoû 2002, at 23:12, Simon wrote:
> In particular I want to be able to munge email address on MoinMoin pages so they can't be read by your average spam bot.
> Also I'd like to be able to include some html (to call javascript or insert formatting and links I can't otherwise do) {cf http://gracefieldtm.wellington.net.nz vs
> http://gracefieldtm.wellington.net.nz/moin.cgi}
>
> My difficulty is I can't seem to get the HTML macro to work - see details at the first URL above.
> Additionally entities (eg .) don't appear to work in URLs.

You told on your page that you put the macro with the BR macro. So I
suppose it's in /usr/lib/python/site-package/MoinMoin/macro (or
something like that). These are the global macros and I didn't put the
HTML macro at that place. I put it in
/var/www/moinwikis/mywiki/data/plugin/macro/ (that place depends on your
configuration of course) This is the place for local or personal macros.
The file is called HTML.py
Note that HTML is in uppercase. I don't know if it's of importance.

Normally, if you visit your SystemInfo page, you'll see HTML in the
'Local extension macros' section.

--
Olivier Laurent.
P3B    : Club Python(-Zope) Belge --------- http://www.p3b.org