[Moin-user] IIS Installation

Juergen Hermann jh at web.de
Fri Dec 7 13:11:02 EST 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:36:07 +0000, bragiba at simi.is wrote:

>Given the new directory structure the IIS installation instructions are
>outdated.   I could update them if someone clears up a few questions I
>have.
>1. In my IIS setup I create a virtual directory pointing to  C.
>\Work\moin\wiki\
>2. Then I set my homepage to be http://localhost/wiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi
>which works fine except that I need to change the url_prefix from
>    url_prefix = '/wiki'   to url_prefix = '/wiki/htdocs'
>   as my virtual directory does not points to the base wiki directory which
>contains the following directories:
>
> (Embedded image moved to file: pic17410.pcx)
> 3. According to Juergens instructions I assume he is using Apache he is
setting his base directory as
> wiki/htdocs
>     How does he then get to wiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi to run the MoinMoin
application?

> I am still a little confused as to what is the correct setup.

Consider that installing can overwrite both your (maybe changed) moin.cgi and
moin_config.py, so it's a good idea to copy them anyway. Alas, copy them to
your server's cgi-bin. Also copy the .../wiki/data dir, don't use the original
one directly.

Given that, it's no problem to point your /wiki virtual url to the
.../wiki/htdocs dir (and that is the intended use).

Finally, you should strongly consider to use "python setup.py install" and THEN
point your IIS to the _INSTALLED_ files & package.

Ciao, Jürgen