[Moin-devel] Re: New Moin Parser

Alexander Schremmer 2004b at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Thu Feb 10 10:36:09 EST 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:30:54 -0500, Emmett Shear wrote:

> I'm working on developing a fully-featured macro processor for MoinMoin,
> similar in functionality to M4 or TCL but without the security
> vulnerabilities. My current plan is to write a new parser which extends
> the wiki markup to handle user defined macros. Is that parser currently
> under development by anyone, so I can coordinate any changes?

I am not aware of any parser project that aims at replacing the standard
MoinMoin parser. There are some old ones like "gaga", but that one is
stopped currently AFAIK (just search for the name on the moinmoin wiki).

> Also are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

What kind of? We hope that the current code does not have many. I can just
think of the weird delegation of "attachment:"-links-rendering
responsibility.

Kind regards,
Alexander