[Moin-devel] FOLLOWUP to MoinMoin Feature Request: Retain Archive of Unique Diffs

Chris Vandersip cv at weatherpredict.com
Thu Apr 21 10:08:46 EDT 2005

Chris Vandersip wrote:
> REQUEST
> -------
> Create a configurable parameter for maintaining an archive of past diffs
> available for individual pages (just as you can view a Revision History
> listing in Get Info) and for each diff to be available in the
> RecentChanges timeline, so that links in the RSS articles will be unique
> and point to specific diffs.
>
> Additionally, if this was a tunable parameter, one could set a limit on
> the length of the diff archiving, e.g.
>
> diff_archive_length = 7  #for either days or number of diffs

Of course, after I sent the above, I discovered that MoinMoin *does*
retain an archive already, and the archive can be traversed in the Diff
column of Get Info/Revision History of any page. One can display all the
diffs for a page by appending the "&rev2=" and "&rev1=" filters to the
?action=diff command in the URL.

ex. http://www.mydomain.com/wpwiki/FrontPage?action=diff&rev2=59&rev1=54

So, armed with this new knowledge, I modify the request: Forget about
creating a configurable parameter and just incorporate the &rev-style
filtering into the RecentChanges/RSS feature to allow for unique past
diffs to be read.  Looking at the XML page that displays when you press
the RSS button on Recent Changes, it looks like the code that creates
this page could be modified to include the &rev filters to the URL links
in feed articles.

Chris