[Moin-devel] Re: Re: Re: Is it true file upload functionality will be removed from 1.4?

Martin Gignac martin.gignac at mpbn.ericsson.ca
Mon Apr 11 08:36:18 EDT 2005

> Standalone should be faster anyway.

Is that right? OK then, I'll use it instead. It's just that on the
'HelpOnInstalling' page the Twisted option was listed in the 'High performance
public wiki' section (whereas standalone was not), which lead me to believe
Twisted was faster than standalone.

> if your browser if RFC compliant, it will request the image everytime again
> (independent from the current method of MoinMoin invocation -
> CGI/Twisted/etc.). We could send some cache-control headers to mitigate
> this issue. Sending 304 would need request parsing logic in the code.

That was one of the advantage is saw though with using the direct download
option, especially on a slow dial-up link. Because Apache and Twisted both
return HTTP 304 if the version in the browser's cache is not older than what is
the wiki site, the user can save some bandwidth when downloading a page with
lots of images.

Regards,
-Martin