[Moin-devel] Re: Re: Where to send patches?

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Mon Apr 4 00:58:06 EDT 2005

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:50:25 -0400, Nicholas Bastin wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2005 5:15 AM, Alexander Schremmer
> <2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de> wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:57:09 -0500, Nicholas Bastin wrote:
>>
>>> I've added a patch to my installation to support a #title directive in
>>> each wiki page (thus allowing each page to have a 'pretty' title,
>>> regardless of the actual page name).  Where do I submit patches back
>>> to?
>>
>> See http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinPatch - you will notice that
>> patches re the #title PI already exist.
>
> Is there any sort of organized and official patch acceptance/refusal
> policy?  Some of these patches have been on that page for quite some
> time, with no indication of whether they will ever be rolled into the
> standard distribution or not.

we include every patch if we are sure that it's quality is good enough.
And, if it is a larger one, we/the submitter can maintain it. But in this
case, we do not include it because changing the title like this has some
side effects that might confuse the user. E.g. the TOC does not show the
updated title, you cannot search via the title search for it etc. pp.

Kind regards
Alexander