[Moin-devel] Norwegian (bokmal) translation

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Oct 11 02:27:21 EDT 2004

>> If completion doesn't take too long, it will get into 1.2.4 which is
>> soon to be released as the final 1.2.x release.
> I only saw releases scheduled for 1.3, so I'm not sure what that means
> exactly... but my understanding is that 1.2.4 is to be released before
> deep freeze for 1.3.

Yes, maybe one of the next 2 weekends I think.

> The .po file has to be reviewed by 2 more persons. Depending how good I
> am in convincing other people to do so, this should be ready for release
> on wednesday 13 latest.

That would be in time.

> System files:
> I think I have most of them covered by now, but all of them have to be
> reviewed by 2 more persons. For our project, I have scheduled the
> norwegian language release for oct 25. I'm not sure how realistic it is
> to count on them being available earlier - when would they be needed for
> inclusion in 1.2.4?

If you do them on moinmaster, they won't be included in 1.2.4 (because
moinmaster already uses 1.3, too much work to convert back to 1.2).

So if you want them in 1.2.4, you need to do them in some 1.2 wiki and
then make an archive of the page files and send it to me.

> Help files:
> Not on our todo list (yet). Definitely nothing for 1.2.4.

Then please do them on moinmaster when you start working for 1.3.

> I saw the deep freeze is scheduled for 1.11. I will look into 1.3 after
> we have released the stuff for 1.2, so this might be in november. But as
> far as I see i18n stuff will still be accepted, so I think I should get
> the stuff done in time for 1.3 final.

I think translators will have at least the 4 weeks in november (maybe
even into december) while we fix the last bugs and complete install
documentation.

It is intended that translators work after 1.11. because then system
texts are unlikely to change.

greetings,

Thomas