[Moin-devel] moin to pdf.

Marijn P. Vriens mpv at tecnocimiento.cl
Mon Oct 4 06:27:39 EDT 2004

Hi listers,

I need to implement some way that Moin generates a pdf of it's pages at user
request. I have thought of various possible solutions:

- Have the "htmldoc" program generate the pdf from the 'action=print' page.
But it doesn't really look good, it's an ugly solution, and htmldoc doesn't
suport css!
- Get the xml (or raw) of the file, and transform that to latex or lout and
generate the pdf file that way. the transformation should be complex, and i
can never know if i have all the corner cases covered (especially with latex).
Have yet an other language in between, makes me creepy.
- Take the part of moin that generates the HTML, and transform that so that it
generates the PDF directy with reportlab. Nice and clean, however it might be
a mess due to the nature of moins page generator.

Anybody have an idea of how to best attack this problem?

For extra points: I will need that different page regexes generate different
looking PDFs. So a Quote.* pdf should look differend from a Task.* .

Regrads,
    Marijn.

--
Director Tecnológico Tecnocimiento.