[Moin-devel] standalone wiki

Michael Iles mikei at kinitos.com
Mon Mar 22 13:41:03 EST 2004

From: Michael Geary [mailto:Mike at Geary.com]

> What about redirecting stderr and stdout in Python code?

Agreed. As a newcomer to Python my initial question was whether there was a
better approach than this. I did a bit of searching and I'm certainly not
the first to think that pythonw should do something different than it does.
It seems to me that an argument to pythonw that redirected stdout/stderr to
a named file would satisfy 99% of the complainers, but that's a different
discussion.

It would be nice if this functionality were incorporated into moin.py:

  (1) Check sys.stdout.isatty() or sys.stdout.fileno() to see whether
      it's valid.

  (2) If not, assign objects to sys.stdout and sys.stderr that write
      to logfiles.

  (3) And, provide a means to suppress the spinning bar in httpdmain.py.

Mike.