[Moin-devel] RSS feature doesn't work?

Fujio Nobori toh at fuji-climb.org
Mon Mar 8 02:43:01 EST 2004

Hello,

I am not sure this is happening just to me, but I am
reporting it anyway.

I am using 1.2.1, new release.

Well, when I click "RSS" button in RecentChange page, the
page attached as test.html is shown.

Yes, I am using utf-8 site name and utf-8 page names.  I
checked the code and found that I need the patch to
wikixml/util.py:

40c40
<         if value: self.characters(unicode(value, config.charset))
---
>         if value: self.characters(value)

But then, I saw the page attached as test2.html.  I checked
the code again and found that the problem would disappear if
I patched wikixml/util.py as folows:

52a53,74
>     def startElementNS(self, name, qname, attrs):
>         if name[0] is None:
>             # if the name was not namespace-scoped, use the unqualified part
>             name = name[1]
>         else:
>             # else try to restore the original prefix from the namespace
>             name = self._current_context[name[0]] + ":" + name[1]
>         self._out.write('<' + name)
>
>         for pair in self._undeclared_ns_maps:
>             self._out.write(' xmlns:%s="%s"' % pair)
>         self._undeclared_ns_maps = []
>
>         for (name, value) in attrs.items():
>             if name[0] is None:
>                 # if the name was not namespace-scoped, use the unqualified part
>                 name = name[1]
>             else:
>                 name = self._current_context[name[0]] + ":" + name[1]
>             self._out.write(' %s=%s' % (name, saxutils.quoteattr(value)))
>         self._out.write('>')

This code is mostly from xml/sax/saxutils.py in python 2.3,
but I added the code to handle the "name" value correctly
when attrs have an item like (None, 'link').

I don't think these are good solutions, but they seem to be
working, at least for me.

Thank you very much.

--
Fujio Nobori                                     il|li
    email: toh at fuji-climb.org                   q|@.@|p