[Moin-devel] PATCH - underlaid directory for system pages

Fujio Nobori toh at fuji-climb.org
Wed Feb 25 10:31:04 EST 2004

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 06:48:58PM +0100, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
----snip
> > cp /some_where_you_installed/moin/share/moin/data/text/* \
> >     /var/htdocs/common
>
> Well, I think it needn't be under htdocs.

Ah, right, it's better if it's not under htdocs.

> >!             if config.underlay_dir:
> >!                 from distutils.file_util import copy_file
> > !                 copy_file(page_filename,
>
> Uuh. Is there no other way than to import from distutils? OK, we use it
> for installing anyway, but I think this is the first time it is used in
> core code.

This was the easiest way I thought upon.  There must be
another way.  What I wanted to do was to copy the file
without modifying the timestamp.

> >+             msg = _('You can not delete this page because it is treated
> >as a base.'))
>
> "As a base?" - maybe just tell that this page is from the underlay
> directory.

It was the best word I thoght upon with my poor brain :)

> >      pages = os.listdir(text_dir)
> >+     if config.underlay_dir:
> >+         # add files only in underlay_dir
> >+         underlay_pages = os.listdir(config.underlay_dir)
> >+         for file in underlay_pages:
> >+             if not (file in pages):
> >+                 pages.append(file)
>
> This could make some trouble in other parts of the code. As we return
> only the names of the pages and other code might expect that all pages
> are in the data/text directory.

I could not found the code which needed the real filename.
The Page names are enough, most of the code doesn't care
about where the page exists.  Of course, I could be wrong...

> Another question is what happens on searching and other functions
> accessing all pages.

Serching works beautifuly.  You can see this patch work at
my site:

    http://toh.no-ip.com/TohToh/

Thank you very much.

--
Fujio Nobori                                     il|li
    email: toh at fuji-climb.org                   q|@.@|p