[Moin-devel] Error when saving UserPreferences

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Dec 1 08:09:17 EST 2004

> I have a Problem with the UserPreferences. An existing user can login. After
> the login there ist the username in the right top corner.
> But it is not possible to change to another page without loosing the login

Please check if you use apache (or other webserver's) http basic auth
feature (aka htpasswd).

If yes, make sure that wiki user names and webserver user names are the
same (for 1.2.x that means: WikiNames).

> * wiki-user have the rights read and write for the files with the
> preferences (data/user/<id>)

I hope with wiki-user you mean the userid the wiki SERVER runs under.
It needs r/w for all under data/.

Other users must NOT have r/w there, not even r, btw.

> Lately we moved the wikis from one server to another and now use a newer
> python version.

Which?

> It used to work fine on the old machines.

Then double check apache user id, file uids/gids/modes.