[Moin-devel] Moin Redesign

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Tue Jul 29 23:35:17 EDT 2003

I am also not pleased with moin current design, and I am working on a
better design for a wiki I admin and develop.
If you read Hebrew you can read about it here:
	<http://mac.plonter.co.il/plonwiki/MacMacRedesign>
And see one design alternative here:
	<http://mac.plonter.co.il/plonwiki/MacMacRedesign/AquaToolbar>

The goal of MacMac design is to create a Mac-like environment for the
typical Mac user, which is very different from a linux developer, and
has different needs. We are following the concept Apple is using in its
.Mac service <http://www.mac.com/>.

As Thomas said, we should talk about it. First we have to do some
research on these topics:
- What is wrong with the current design? - its important to distinguish
between the concept and the implementation.
- How are other wikis and collaborative sites designed?
- What are the goals of the new design?

There is no point in working on the new design before we talk about
these issues. When we agree on our goals, we can work on design
alternatives.

First we should open a new page called MoinDesign, later we will have
sub-pages like /Icons - if we will have any icons in the new design.
Maybe we will go to text only design, and there will be no icons :-)

We can also talk on IRC  #moin on irc.freenode.org?

Nir Soffer
--
MacMac - The Hebrew Mac Wiki
http://mac.plonter.co.il/plonwiki