[Moin-devel] More compact backups?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Feb 16 03:38:06 EST 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 08:49:37PM -0800, Lan Barnes wrote:

>OK, this is written from a position of ignorance, but ...
>
>why focus on an interface to CVS? Why not instead install a trigger
>launcher at the point of replacing an old page that can call any
>script/program and pass it useful arguments, like the fully qualified or
>relative path to the page being replaced, to the new page, the UID of
>the user requesting it, anything you can think of that the script writer
>might possibly ever need? Then is would be a slam-dunk for the
>individual moin admin to interface archiving with whatever SCM system
>s/he wanted to use, open source or otherwise.

Of course that's the plan. The reason I'm talking about the
intricacies of CVS is because that's the system I'm personally
interested in. It would be ridiculous to make such a big change to
moin and not add it as a generic interface.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
Use Debian GNU/Linux - upgrade your Windoze box today!  http://www.debian.org/