[Moin-devel] I've got issues!

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Thu Apr 17 15:01:09 EDT 2003

Hi Toby,

>have modified userform to allow logins to my liking, to only discover it was already in cvs.

If you do development, you should always use CVS head.

>We've used Moin since January 14 and already have three thousand pages (not page modifications) and two thousand attachments uploaded.  The CEO uses it and requests its use, the people who made fun of it are using it, pretty much everyone is slated to use it.

Great.

>My company says they will pay for me to spend some time developing Moin features

Even greater ;)

>I've a strong interest in writing unit tests, if you have a need there...

Juergen will love you ;)

>Otherwise, I have these interests:
>
>	-Getting Moin to authenticate from mod_auth_ldap

Sounds nice.

>	-People get confused by the login ID.  What's the need of this item?

It is simply a unique id to identify your settings stored on the server.
But other methods are already in the works.

>	-ACL's are strongly desired.

I am just waiting to have authentication and 1.1 release to continue
working on that in post-1.1 cvs.

>My services are at your disposal, let me know about any specific etiquette and where the need lies in this project.

Before starting to implement something, talk about it in the moinmoin
wiki or on #moin (or here, although I personally dislike long
discussions on mailing lists).

greetings,

Thomas