[Moin-devel] Macros, parsers, processors and extending MoinMoin in general

Anders J. Munch andersjm at dancontrol.dk
Wed Jun 26 10:55:03 EDT 2002

I'm looking to create a MoinMoin extension to allow the embedding of PGN
(chess game) documents in Wiki pages, displaying them with a graphical
chessboard. So...

Are there any documents describing the big picture of MoinMoin? Like how all
these concepts like macros, parsers and processors fit together. Macros and
processors seems to be very similar concepts; when do you use one and when
do you use the other?

And how do you go about creating a {macro,parser,processor} of your own? It
is striking that there are markets for these things yet no description of
how to make one of these critters to bring to market. Are the entries in
FooMarket just hacked at random or have all authors gone through extensive
MoinMoin source code studies?

my-name-is-not-Luke-and-I-don't-want-to-read-the-source-if-I-can-avoid-it-ly
y'rs,
Anders