[Mobile-sig] opensource.com article about Python on Android

jacob kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Mon Nov 16 03:54:26 EST 2020

Hi there

Will just mention that while haven't tried out kivy for quite a while,
if, as I think, it uses tkinter, then it would be a no-go from my side.

And, FWIW, that's since I am myself a 100% blind software developer,
and, certain forms of GUI modules don't cooperate too well with
assisstive technology such as screenreaders.

This is also where the command line interaction with beeware and it's
briefcase suit me nicely, as well as where the toga layout-by-code also
suits me in terms of the development process, and, the first thing I
made sure of was that the generated android app was accessible while
working with the android talkback screen reading software.

In other words, might try out kivy again, but, otherwise, beeware is
probably going to be my channel of choice for now, although this is all
a form of private/after-hours area of focus... 😊

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA