[Mobile-sig] python on android

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Wed Jan 28 10:37:42 CET 2015

---original message---
>  What I'd like to see is a python distribution for android (I'm aware
>  of the fact that this is mobile-sig and not android-sig, but for me
>  personally android matters a lot more than other mobile platforms)

I agree, and android is my smartphone platform of choice, and while have played around with SL4A - TTS output calls it slang for android - in past, among a few others, would like something relatively stable/reliable, and best would be to be able to generate .apk files, which would include something like python interpreter wrappers around the code, or something.

A while ago, I did play around with python on symbian/nokia phones, but, that was also just experimentation at the time.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA