[Microbit-Python] Microbit I/O Questions

Andrew Ferguson andrewferguson500 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:19:15 EDT 2016

During a project I have come across a few questions related to the I/O pins
of the microbit. I could probably try these myself - but I thought I would
ask here first before I potentially break my microbit.

Unlike Arduino, there is no way to specify whether a pin is an input or and
output with the microbit. Therefore I am curious to what would happen in
the following cases:

A lamp is connected from the 3.3v pin to an I/O pin, and no code is
flashed. Would the lamp light?

Alternatively, what would happen if a value was read from the pin connected
to the lamp?

And what would happen if you set an I/O pin to output 3.3v and then tried
to read from it? Would you get a value? Would the pin become an input and
stop outputting 3.3v?