[Microbit-Python] micro bit pin drive current

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Fri Sep 2 16:57:08 EDT 2016

There are 19 GPIO's on the micro:bit that make it to the edge connector,
and I don't see 38 (19 pairs) of protection diodes on the back of my
micro:bit. The NRF51 data-sheet on page 37 table 19 parameter VIO is
specified as an absolute maximum of VDD+0.3V and -0.3V. So as long as any
back-emf from any arbitrary speaker plugged in raw into the micro:bit
doesn't exceed that range, the micro:bit will not be stressed outside of
it's design parameters.

However, when the schematics are released, we'll be able to turn that from
a 'suspect' into a more authoritative answer.