[Microbit-Python] Sending data to a computer

Andrew Ferguson andrewferguson500 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:26:20 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to send serial data between a computer and a
Micro:bit, I can send data to the microbit from Nicholas' REPL program, but
I'd love a way for the microbit to be able to send data to the computer. I
thought UART would be the solution to this, but the docs state that:

Initializing the UART will cause the Python console on USB to become
unaccessible, as it uses the same hardware. There is currently no way to
bring the console back, without restarting the module.

so I presume it won't work. Is there any way I can specify to send UART
data over USB rather than on two specific pins with a way that will not
interrupt the operation of the REPL?

Thanks,
Andrew