[Microbit-Python] PyCon UK proposal - Enriching Maths and Physics teaching with Micro:bit motion sensors

Stestagg stestagg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:41:05 EDT 2016

Hi

I haven't sent it yet, sorry, will do tomorrow.

As for using the microbit, it should be as simple as plugging it into a
laptop.

I would recommend the Mu editor, (downloadable here:
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ardublockly-builds/microbit/windows/mu-2016-07-11_06_58_34.exe)
.

Unfortunately, if you're on windows, you'll have to follow the instructions
here: https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/Windows-serial-configuration
before it will work. OSX and Linux should be fine.

Once you've got that connected, then I would reccomend the docs here:
https://microbit-micropython.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ which cover getting
started, and the whole python API

Thanks

Steve

It's pretty simple. I would recommend the mu editor. Basically you can