[Microbit-Python] Microbit-Python “Simon Says” Example for Kitronik Inventor’s Kit

Nevil Hunt nevil.hunt at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 11:10:35 EST 2016

Hi Damien,

The Inventor's Kit comes with a Piezo Buzzer since as it can be driven directly from the P0 output pin.
A proper 8 ohm speaker needs an amp chip to drive it and as far as that is concerned watch this space!
Looking on the 'scope, when I generate a note from Block it generates more-or-less a square wave. Do you have the ability to generate proper tunes using micro python?
Nicholas said there were memory limitations in playing .wav files like you can using Python on the Raspberry Pi.
If you have anything that works using micro python I would quite like to give it a go!

Regards,

Nevil