[Microbit-Python] pullups/pulldowns on pins, in MicroPython on micro:bit

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Wed Dec 7 13:06:11 EST 2016

I remember some discussions about this on github, but I can't find anything
in the docs about default pullup/down states (and how to change the pull
state of the pins) here:

https://microbit-micropython.readthedocs.io/en/latest/pin.html

Does anyone know
(a) what are the default pull configurations for each of the pins in each
of the following pin modes when using MicroPython (I know what the DAL sets
them to, but MicroPython doesn't really use the DAL here I think).

read_analog
read_digital
is_touched

(b) How do you change the default pull resistor configuration for each of
the pins?

Thanks

David