[Microbit-Python] Testing Point Documentation

Radomir Dopieralski radomir at dopieralski.pl
Mon Apr 4 09:30:15 EDT 2016

Hi,

we are still waiting for BBC to release the promised technical documentation on
the Micro:bit. I'm sure that the schematics and board layout designs are enough
to figure out what those test points do, but until that is published, there is
very little information.

Then again, I doubt this would help you. What you describe really
sounds like a failure in that USB chip, and I don't think you can do
much about that.

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 14:27:19 +0100
Andrew Ferguson 500 <andrewferguson500 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I managed to persuade my teacher to let me borrow a teacher Micro:bit
> over the Easter holidays (I'm in Scotland so the student devices
> haven't arrived yet), but unfortunately I seem to have broken it. (I
> was just using 'screen' to test serial communication, one minute it
> worked and the next the screen session had closed, the micro:bit
> status light was off and the USB chip on the micro:bit got very hot).
>
> I suspect it's probably irreversibly broken, but I noticed that on
> the back of the micro:bit there are several testing points that may
> provide some insight as to what went wrong if probed with a
> multimeter. Does anyone know if there are any docs relating to which
> testing point links to what?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Radomir Dopieralski