[Microbit-Python] Oxford workshop.

Dave Ames david.john.ames at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 04:56:13 EDT 2015

Hi

My thoughts after briefly getting to try out MicroPython on the micro:bit
at our training the other day.

1) I couldn't get the REPL to work with screen (which I'd used with the
MicroPython board previously), had to install picocom as mentioned in the
Readme. Any idea whether there is a specific reason?

2) Running the local file on a micro:bit required me to install pyserial (I
was on a relatively recent install), but there is no mention of this
requirement.

3) Is there a way of putting a copy of your python file onto the board
(drag it across into the USB drive) with a specific name so that
MicroPython can interpret and run it (in the same way we can with the
MicroPython boards)? If so is it documented as I couldn't see it in the
Readme?

I'm sure it's all written up somewhere but a nice overview of what's
available in the API would be nice too, if it's already there then
signposts pointing to it might need to be more explicit.

Making the whole experience as slick and easy as possible, needs to be a
goal.

Cheers
Dave