[Microbit-Python] Windows

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Thu Nov 26 14:19:17 EST 2015

Folks,

I forgot to mention.

I've been giving various workshops since October (about once a week) to
various Python and teacher groups.

Pythonistas take to the device like a duck to water. Teachers, however,
all turn up with Windows laptops and the experience is *very* sub-par.

My little "microrepl" doesn't really work well nor cut the mustard. Can
anyone suggest some other serial emulator for Windows?

Put simply, most of our target users will be on Windows. We need to make
that as joyful an experience as possible. Zero install (static
binaries), as little set-up as possible and clear instructions are
what's needed here.

I've not used Windows since 2008. I wouldn't know where to start. :-/

Thoughts, ideas, offers of help most welcome!

Nicholas.