[Microbit-Python] Automating upyed copy hex file to micro:bit

Tom Viner tom at viner.tv
Sun Nov 15 15:59:08 EST 2015

Hi all,

Now that's I've got my own micro:bit (for a week), as part of microworldtour
<https://microworldtour.github.io/microbit/meixiu.html> I've been playing
around in the upyed editor and trying out the examples.

It doesn't take long to get bored of having to drag the new hex file over
on each change. I've been keeping up with this mailing list, and I'm
surprised this hasn't come up before?

Now long term, people have mentioned making more of an IDE, that I'm sure
would take care of this. But for the moment this is my solution:

https://github.com/tomviner/upyflashed

Comments welcome. It's only tested on Ubuntu so far. In particular it
guesses your browser download directory will be at ~/Downloads and uses
psutil to read your mounted drives looking for one ending in "MICROBIT",
but you can also pass params to the upyflashed command.

Cheers,
Tom