[meta-sig] Retired SIGS, SIG ownership

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 21:02:20 +0200

> > If keeping them on the python.org is not suitable, perhaps SourceForge
> > would be happy to host them? Or Digicool?
>
> Please not digicool.  SF sounds just about perfect!

In that case, I'd propose to create a CVS module for the SIG pages in
the Python CVS, and give all SIG coordinators write access.

Alternatively, a new project could be created; I'd call it pythonsigs.
I can volunteer to create the project and copy the current pages to SF
if, at the end, somebody can verify that I got them all, and redirects
http://www.python.org/sigs to http://pythonsigs.sourceforge.net.

We have experience with that for xml-sig, but I could use some advice
how to arrange every commit in the CVS resulting in an immediate
update of /home/groups/p/py/pythonsigs on SF (this is a long-standing
project of mine; if it fails once more, I would need to live with a
cronjob, again).

There is then also the issue of the SIGs' ftp areas, but we can come
to that later.

Regards,
Martin