[melbourne-pug] Next Melbourne Python meeting - tomorrow - Monday 2 July

Ed Schofield ed at pythoncharmers.com
Sun Jul 1 07:44:17 EDT 2018

Hi all!

We're looking forward to the next meetup of the Melbourne Python user group
tomorrow evening. Do come and join us! We have two main talks planned:

*1. Rory Hart: Just Enough OpenID Connect* (~25 minutes)

[Rescheduled from June]

Many of us encounter authentication protocols as a side effect of just
trying to get things done. The simple task of accessing data from a client
API or integrating with a third parties balloons out into a yak shaving
session filled with obtuse authentication failure messages. Rory will walk
through a number of scenarios involving OpenID Connect and offer practical
guidance on productively
using Python to work with OpenID Connect.

*2. Ed Schofield: Pandas -- under the fur * (~20 minutes)

I will talk about some advanced topics in Pandas such as:

- performance: which operations are slow and what to do about it
- internals: views and copies, chained indexing
- avoiding gotchas with data types

and the design decisions behind Pandas 2.

*3. Lightning talks?*
*4. Announcements and pizza*

*When:* 5.45pm for mingling; talks from 6pm to ~7.15pm, pizza afterwards

*Where: *Outcome-Hub Co-Working Space, Suite 1, 121 Cardigan Street, Carlton

*How to get there: *Walk 12 minutes north from Melbourne Central station.

*Afterwards:* pizza!

*Sponsorship:* many thanks to Outcome Hub for providing the venue and
Python Charmers
for ongoing sponsorship.

*RSVP:* Please respond on Meetup.com so we can track numbers: https://www.
meetup.com/Melbourne-Python-Meetup-Group/

We hope to see you there! :-D

Best wishes,
    Ed

--