[melbourne-pug] Next Melbourne Python meeting - Monday 6 August

Brian May brian at linuxpenguins.xyz
Wed Aug 8 02:39:34 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-08 16:12, Matt Trentini wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Damien and my slides can be found here: A Taste of Micropython [1].

Unfortunately I was unable to attend. I notice from the slides the
following statement: "Supports threading without a GIL (with some
caveats)"

Just wondering what this caveats are? The only thing google suggests(*)
is https://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?t=1864, which suggests
that Micropython may need a GIL in the future to fix some crash
conditions, but this post was from 2016.

Footnotes:

(*) Curiously Google when searching for "micropython Supports threading
without a GIL (with some caveats)" helpfully suggests "Did you mean:
micropython Supports threading without a GIRL (with some caveats)".

Links:
------
[1]
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1SBhXgttuD2ZyDnFPjracqDIbB7vSLg7oav7v-h27wbs/edit?usp=sharing