[melbourne-pug] PyCharm and virtualenv

Gavin McCloskey gmc3057 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 20:09:25 EST 2017

Mike,
Pycharm works well with venv, for me.

Within pycharm projects settings, I configure my current interpreter to
point to the appropriate venv
https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/configuring-python-interpreter.html

If you instantiate shells within pycharm, which I do a bit, you still need
to somehow switch to the right venv. There are a few different ways of
doing that, including
- passing params to the shell (set up via project settings)
- switching to the venv, as you normally would, once in the shell. I tend
to do this, using virtual env wrapper
https://virtualenvwrapper.readthedocs.io/en/latest

Cheers
-gav