[melbourne-pug] Modeller For hire

walker.michael.luke walker.michael.luke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 22:51:37 EST 2017

Hello fellow python-charmers,As my first post to this list, I would like to hear about any modelling positions that anyone knows of, or is hiring for.
I spent several years modelling hormone transport in plants using python 2.7 as part of a larger group project modelling plant growth, before doing a masters thesis at Melbourne University in bioinformatics. This latter involved a lot of statistical modelling and machine learning in the R programming language.
I also have Java and Fortran and a little bit of C++ and MatLab. I also have experience with molecular dynamics and brownian motion simulations of ion transport through cell membranes.
Prior to modelling I was a theoretical physicist, with publications in international journals. My experience has been largely academic up to this point, but I would be keen on a position in the private sector.
I currently work at La Trobe University doing molecular modelling in the context of drug design. This position ends in October and I am available on Mondays up until then.
I can be reached at this email address or on 0457353331.
Thank you Michael Walker
Sent from my Samsung G360G on the Telstra Mobile Network