[melbourne-pug] help with importing fasta files nito command window (python)

Fabion Kauker fabion.kauker at biarri.com
Mon Mar 6 23:26:55 EST 2017

Hi Jessica

without knowing your environment and a error it will be hard to diagnose.

It would be helpful if you could share:
0) OS (read you are using windows)
1) Python install process
 a) Python version (launch python and it should be the first thing shown in
the cmd line)
2) Pip version installed
 a) type "pip --version" and then "pip freeze" to see which libraries are
installed.
3) Current error

It may be easier to install anaconda
<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/4c433fe1-2452-4bab-a18d-8a7fe44b9019/continuum-io-downloads>,
it comes complete with a bunch of libraries and you can easily create
<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/4c433fe1-2452-4bab-a18d-8a7fe44b9019/conda-io-docs-downloads-conda-cheatsheet-pdf>
environments.

For pyfasta it should be as simple as:
conda install -c bioconda pyfasta=0.5.2