[melbourne-pug] Install ‘conda’ using Debian package manager

Brian May brian at linuxpenguins.xyz
Wed Aug 2 02:14:12 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-02 15:27, Scott Wales wrote:

> As a side note I don't believe that PyPI does any vetting of what gets uploaded, I'm not sure there's any real difference security wise between downloading and running a python script with pip and downloading and running a shell script.

pip packages can be installed in a virtual-env as a non-root user.

Can Anaconda be installed as non-root? Looking at the documentation
suggests that maybe this is possible. In which case the easiest solution
(if you don't want to use a chroot, virtual machine or some sort of
container) would be to just create a new user that you throw away after
the tutorial.