[melbourne-pug] Python meeting - Monday 6 June!

Ed Schofield ed at pythoncharmers.com
Sat Jun 4 00:08:04 EDT 2016

Hi everyone!

We're looking forward to another great monthly Python meeting this coming Monday!

When: 5.45pm for 6pm on Monday 6th June

Where: Hub Melbourne, 673 Bourke Street, Melbourne CBD (near Southern Cross station). Please enter via the side entrance on Godfrey Street. The meeting will be on the ground floor in the Boardroom / Hub Members' Lounge.

What: This month's main presentation will provide an introduction to the the Plotly package within the context of exploratory data analysis.  It will demonstrate some of its capabilities, highlight its strengths, point out its weaknesses and compare it to Matplotlib and R's ggplot2, all using the public data set on performances by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. The primary presenter will be Jiun Siew, who gave an interesting presentation about this last week to the R meetup group, and he has graciously offered to give it again for us in a Python context.

We'll order some delicious pizza for after the talks (if possible) or head to a nearby restaurant.

Space is limited this month (to about 25) so it would be helpful if you could please RSVP on the meetup page if you're planning to come: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Python-Meetup-Group/events/231584260/

(We'll be back at VLSCI for the July meeting.)

I hope to see you there! :-)

Cheers,
    Ed

--