[melbourne-pug] Any value in recruiters job posts?

John Knight john.knight at tequity.com.au
Wed Jul 6 23:08:14 EDT 2016

Hi! As an independent Tech Agent in Melbourne, I have helped many Python Devs land better gigs in both contract and permanent capacities. It is a shame to hear horror stories from people like you but the reality is that you don’t have to dig too deep to hear them! If an agency recruiter simply advertises online and filters responses then I can see how that adds little value.

If the typical agency experience wasn’t so “hit and miss” then company bosses would love to outsource the headache of hiring. And, people at the “thinking stage” of changing jobs would happily benefit from the contacts and competencies of a discreet and resourceful Tech Agent. I’ve recently started a company from Melbourne, designed to combat the norm and solve the disconnect between conventional recruitment agencies, and well... everyone else. Check out www.saltworth.com.au

In short, I think there will always be the big recruitment firms servicing large corporate blue chip accounts. In the fullness of time I see a change in the industry where the raft of medium-sized recruitment agencies will dwindle and more independent Tech Agents will emerge who actively manage and promote sought-after SW Engineers properly. After all, if you can open up custom opportunities for people and offer firms potential hires on an exclusive basis, then that’s got to be a service worth paying for – especially if the fees are around 10% or less.

Best, John

 <https://htmlsig.com/t/0000001BRZ79F>

John Knight / Tech Agent & Founder
 <mailto:john.knight at saltworth.com.au> john.knight at saltworth.com.au

M +61 402 234 813

Saltworth® Pty Ltd
P +61 3 9670 9056
Atlantis Tower, Suite 3201/288 Spencer St.Melbourne. VIC 3000
 <http://www.saltworth.com.au/> http://www.saltworth.com.au

 <https://twitter.com/SaltworthAU>    <https://www.facebook.com/saltworth/>    <https://au.linkedin.com/in/saltworthjk>    <https://youtu.be/8WclZfX6EV0>    <https://vimeo.com/saltworth/videos>

 <https://htmlsig.com/t/0000001BSVYNS>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachment to it) is confidential and may also be privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete this email (including any attachment to it) from your computer system. We do not assure the security of information electronically transmitted and your communication with us through such means signifies your acceptance of any risk attaching thereto. Any statement contained herein is not to be construed as an offer to enter into any contractual obligation nor an acceptance of any offer. Thank you!