[melbourne-pug] Any value in recruiters job posts?

Sebastian Pawluś sebastian.pawlus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 07:34:45 EDT 2016

Hey,

This might be odd question to ask here, since the list about Python and
should probably stay as one. But living in Europe I don't know anyone from
this part of the world and as Python programmer myself I know how Python
community is a friendly entity ;)

Anyway, the real thing is.

A while ago I created an aggregator for jobs (like all it jobs). It's
called https://whoishiring.io, then short after a person on the twitter
suggested that I should add www.seek.com.au as a source, and I did just
that.

But then I've found out that a lot (a lot
<https://whoishiring.io/search/-32.491/147.437/3/?order=distance>) of this
jobs are from recruiters companies. I even created a blacklist
<https://gist.github.com/xando/6e3a4de512f45259667833cfbb09420f> and
planning to filter against it and exclude those jobs from listing. I don't
like them, the website was created to increase visibility of job posts, by
covering real company name with theirs they secretly not helping, and the
list of problems with it recruiters is longer.

The real question is should I do it. Should I filter recruiters out from
this part of the world? Do you guys see any values in those jobs posts, are
recruiters as bad and annoying as here?

Again if this not something that should go on the list, apologies. But
still I would like to know the your opinion so private emails welcome.

Best,
Sebastian Pawluś.