[melbourne-pug] Agile

Ryan Verner ryan.verner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:04:54 EST 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Brian May <brian at linuxpenguins.xyz> wrote:

>        "Although we were impressed by your experience and passion for
>        technology (particularly Python/Django), we are looking for more
>        hands on experience working in an agile team environment.

Apologies this thread is a couple of days old; have only just seen this.

This is *bizarre* rationale; agile can be taught rapidly, years of deep
experience with technology stacks cannot.  Not hiring an ideal candidate
open to work in an agile team because they don't know it already makes no
sense.  This is either a clueless employer or they're not being honest with
their actual rationale as to why they're not hiring you.

By all means use this an an exercise to familiarise yourself more with the
methologies, but I wouldn't be taking this too literally and as a
reflection of industry expectations of other employers.

My 5c.