[melbourne-pug] Unicode for windows dummies

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Tue Aug 16 04:35:52 EDT 2016

On 16/08/2016 5:36 PM, William ML Leslie wrote:
> ​What does something like this do for you?​

That is an official, gold plated win!

Thanks for your persistence William. Everything is utf-8 now. I found a
Windows registry hack to convert the codepage to utf-8 or actually
cp65001 as Microsoft prefer to call it. No more cp850 or cp1252. Then I
adjusted your ...

with open(csvfile, "r", encoding='utf-16') as csv:

... to utf-8 and we have readable output. I'm cooking again.

Apart from beer next time we meet and a glowing credit in the project
contribution list you have my sincere gratitude.

Fantastic

Mike